5 Reasons Your Business Needs a Blog
We hear a lot these days about the importance of social media, blogging, and the like. Let's look at a few reasons why a business should have a blog on their website.
1. It gives people a reason to visit your website.
If you maintain a blog, the new posts give people a reason to visit your site repeatedly. While they are there, they may browse around and learn about some of the other products and services you offer.
2. Search Engine Optimization.
This fresh content helps move you up in search engine rankings. Google loves consistently updated web pages. For this to work, it has to be integrated into your website, not an outside blog at Wordpress or Blogspot.
3. A blog can help you establish yourself as an expert in your field.
By providing relevant, helpful information to your readers, you can showcase your knowledge, which will help your credibility with your readers. Credibility leads to profitability.
4. It gives you something to post to other social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn.
This allows you to provide useful content to your followers, which is much better for them "come buy stuff from us!". Remember, your business' purpose is to serve your clients. The more value you give them the better.
5. It can help keep you top of mind with your clients.
Sign up for a service like Mailchimp, Aweber, or Feedburner to deliver your content to your users' inbox. They will have to elect to receive the blog updates, but that's better than the recipient thinking you're spamming them.
Note: If you have a blog on your site, you have to make sure you update it regularly. A non-updated blog will reflect negatively on your business.
- Own 2019 Like You Own Your Business
- I Have a Good Business, Why Should I Worry about Branding?
- Marketing for Small Business (Part 3)
- Spring Clean Your Business
- Marketing for Small Business (Part 2)
- Marketing for Small Business (Part 1)
- Business Card Dos and Don'ts
- 6 Ways to Work ON Your Business, not IN it
- The One Piece of Information You Need to Include on Everything
- 5 Mistakes people make in logo design